Creamed Spicy Tomato Soup
Heatwave's over! I came back from holiday to find a fridge of unused food. I hate wasting it so thought I'd use up the old tomatoes. Googled a couple of recipes and kinda made up my own recipe for tomato soup.
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- sprinkle of garlic salt
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 3 large tomatoes
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 chillies (I had 1 green and 1 red in the fridge)
- Pinch of chilli powder
- I use a soup maker so I don't add oil and don't fry anthing. I just throw it all in and press 'go'
- Dice the onion
- Slice the garlic
- Chop the large tomatoes (take out the hard middle bit) into big chunks
- Put all the ingredients into the soup maker. Use 'creamed' setting. Go.
The soup maker I use is shown below. I got it from Lakelandwhen it was on special offer. It's one of the best kitchen gadgets I've ever bought. Really simple to use and easy to clean afterwards. It makes enough for two large bowls at a time.