#SplitTheDifference Yoga Challenge
What is it?
- Learn to do the pancake splits. ANYBODY can do it!
- Online yoga challenge
- Fun competition
- The pancake splits is a seated wide leg forward fold where you reach the chest forward. If you can keep your legs straight and get your elbows on the floor you’ve done it!
- Keeps your practice going over the summer holidays
- Even 5 minutes practice can make a difference
- Great health benefits: looser hamstrings, less back pain, tightens stomach muscles and tones legs, better joint movement
Who can do it?
- Any yoga student! No need to have any experience. Whatever age or ability YOU can learn how to do the pancake splits
- Age isn’t a barrier to doing this. There’s no excuse!
What do I have to do?
- The challenge runs 9-27 July
- Follow RuthJaneYoga on Instagram (preferably) and Facebook
- Take a ‘before’ picture and post on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #splitthedifference and then a picture at the end of the challenge for the ‘after’ picture. You’re welcome to post photos of your progress between then as well to share with the group. (Hashtags now work on Facebook too.)
- I’ll be posting videos on Instagram and Facebook with instructions to how to do it. There’ll be daily exercises to do
What happens at the end?
- Prizes for everyone! Everyone who enters will get a voucher for £10 off a Half Term Pass or a drop-in class for next term. There’ll also be three big prizes:
- Most consistent: the student who consistently posts their progress using #splitthedifference. You win: a half price Half Term Pass for next term (worth £35) & a £25 voucher for Inside Out, health shop, Reigate
- Most improved: the student who works hard to improve the most. You win: a half price Half Term Pass for next term (worth £35)
- Most benefits: the student who finds they’ve found a health benefit to doing it. You win: a half price Half Term Pass for next term (worth £35)
* To be in with a chance to win you need to use the #splitthedifference hashtag and post at least one before and one after photo. I will then judge the winners at the end of the yoga challenge.